For more information on the Region Elections please contact:
Lowell Sylwester 716-655-1090 (h) - chairperson
Region Director Election This Fall
This fall at our WNY Region refreshers we will be electing a new Region Director. Joseph “Butch” MacQueen has been our Region Director for the past three terms and is not eligible for another term.
I am making a formal call for nominations for our Western New York Regional Director. If you wish to make a nomination for a Regional Director, you can do so by email or USPS mail to me. Either way will work. I have attached below the requirements we have for a person to be a Regional Director. If you would include some info on your nominee I would greatly appreciate it. The following is the time line.
Nominations will be accepted until May 15, 2017.
Requirements for Western New York Regional Director:
1. Candidates must be active registered patrollers in the Region which they seek to represent, have a minimum of five seasons of patrolling experience, and have achieved Senior Alpine, Senior Nordic, or Certified status.
2. Must be approved as the NSP Patrol Director by area management or public lands administrator.
The following lists the minimum recommended (not mandatory) eligibility requirements for NSP Patrol Director candidates:
1. Should have served one season as instructor, supervisor, adviser, or officer.
2. Should be familiar with the national policies and procedures as defined in the current NSP Policies and Procedures manual.
3. Should be familiar with Division, Region, and Section policies and procedures, as applicable.
Direct all inquiries to:
WNY Election Chair
784 Chestnut Hill Rd
East Aurora, NY 14052
Return to Home Page