For more information on the Regional Alumni Program please contact:
Joan Reynolds 716-285-7975 (h)
Don Weaver 716-837-1039 (h)
Signing up for the NSP Alumni Membership
The NSP Alumni is a membership category for Patrollers or Auxiliaries, with a minimum of one year’s service, who no longer wish to continue their Active Status with the National Ski Patrol System, but want to keep informed and stay involved.
"To utilize the experience, knowledge and energies of those who have retired from active patrolling, while extending to them the recognition, dignity, and awards they have earned.”
Why should you join?
By joining you can continue to be part of the largest winter rescue organization in the world. You will not be required to fulfill any refresher requirements except to maintain instructor certifications if you continue teaching.
Although you are no longer an Active Alpine or Nordic Patroller or Local Patroller, you are encouraged to stay involved in any of the many opportunities available on a Patrol, Region and Division level.
Regardless of the scope of involvement, Alumni can contribute to the success of ski patrolling at any level. How?
· Attending alumni events; WNY has an excellent Alumni Day at Holiday Valley, complimentary lift ticket for you, a guest and free lunch.
· Eligibility for most “Pro” deals, including the Subaru NSP discount, is retained.
· An alumni member who satisfied the continuing education requirements for being an instructor may serve in that capacity with the Division in which he or she is registered.
· Alumni members can serve in an advisory capacity at local, Region, Division, and national levels of the NSP.
· Assisting in the patrol’s daily administrative duties;
· Assisting during opening or sweep;
· Serving as a radio dispatcher at a patrol facility;
· Writing up daily trail reports, etc.;
· Helping with patrol social activities;
· Becoming the alumni adviser for a local patrol;
· Recruiting candidates;
· Greeting or helping customers as a host or ambassador;
· Speaking to bus or tour groups upon arrival; and giving safety talks to school groups, ski clubs, etc.
· Assisting at the Winter Special Olympics.
· NSP Courses: Avalanche, OEC, Mountaineering, Instructor Development, etc. - Take or instruct.
· Courtesy/Host Patrols
· Special Olympics
· Administrative Capacities i.e. newsletter editor, webmaster, treasurer, registrar, social director etc.
· Recruit Candidates
· Other NSP-sponsored Activities
Certificates of Appreciation from your Patrol, Region or Division.
Eastern Division Outstanding Alumni Award.
You may not purchase or wear Active NSP uniforms or duty identification. You may purchase all other catalog items including the following:
- "ALUMNI" Sweater Pin
- Alumni Chest Badge
You will receive:
If you have any questions, contact one of your Region Alumni Advisor; Joan Reynolds at email@example.com or Don Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ski Patrol Magazine
- NSP Catalog
- ED Trail Sweep
- Region Newsletter
- Region Alumni Coordinator Letters
Form available here.
Return to Home Page